4 years and counting...

8:27 PM

Tommy and I celebrated our FOURTH anniversary this week! It's amazing how fast time flies when you're having fun. Sometimes I wonder where the time went, but then I look back and think about all the things that have happened in the past years and realize that it's been packed full of special experiences and sweet memories. Since getting married, we've graduated from college, bought a house, got a dog, spent a year in Australia, traveled around Europe, had a baby, and have taken lots of fun trips to visit family. 


In the past 4 years we've developed some fun traditions. One is to celebrate our anniversary in Park City every year (about 90 min. north). It's such a beautiful retreat, especially in late September when all the fall colors start popping out. So here are a few pictures from our little vacation together:
Tommy had the first part of the day planned out before going up to Park City. He started out taking me and Sydney to IHOP (yes, I know...sounds very romantic) but this is our favorite breakfast place!
 
Then he surprised me with the best present: a huge hot chocolate mug like the ones from Friends for me to paint at Color Me Mine! (For those of you that don't know, I LOVE hot chocolate, especially Milo from Australia...I brought back 6 enormous cans! So the bigger the cup, the better).

I can't wait to see the finished product after it's done getting fired in a couple days! (by the way, and not to boast...but Tommy also got me a spa gift certificate where I get to rotate between a full-body massage, jacuzzi, and sauna for 3 hours!)

We then went up to Park City and walked up and down Main Street, where there are tons of adorable little shops, many of which have cute homemade and artsy things.

One of our favorite shops is this cute toy store that we love browsing each year. Now we actually have a kid to bring in with us so we don't look like creeps!

Sydney loved being all cozied up in the covers in the hotel room. It's definitely a different experience taking a baby on your anniversary getaway! But we tried our best to stay upbeat and romantic between all the crying, nursing breaks, diaper changes, spit-ups, and poopy blowouts.

I'm looking like a tourist with my Park City shirt and hat, but that's another tradition of ours, to get a new Park City shirt every year. We're building our collection!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe