First Meal

10:51 PM

I had big plans for this moment. I waited six long months with great anticipation. I researched guidelines and suggestions from the La Leche League, doctors, and friends, determined to do this perfectly. And then suddenly one night, at the last minute and totally unprepared for the event, I felt a sudden urgency to just feed her right then and there. She was still on the mend from a cold, it was 9 at night, the kitchen was a pigsty, and some people in the house were in a grumpy mood (I won't mention names in case he reads this). :]  I just grabbed a banana, a big bowl and spoon, and started feeding her. I broke all the rules, but it didn't seem to hurt her -in fact, she really enjoyed it, and has been loving real food ever since.


I might need to invest in some baby spoons...

I think Haley was a bit jealous that she's waited 2 years and still isn't allowed people food

Sydney was so eager to get more, I could barely keep up. She finally grabbed the bowl and tried to feed herself.

All in all, it was a successful night. And her enthusiasm fixed everyone's grumpy mood. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe