11 days. 11 gifts.

10:22 PM

Tommy recently went on a business trip through Europe/UK. He had only a couple days' notice, and knew I wasn't too excited to be home alone for that long. He left in the dark hours of the early morning, and my mood hung low as I heard the door close. But a few minutes later my phone chimed with a text. 

"11 days. 11 little gifts. Wait for the clue each day."

A smile crept on my face. That's my baby for you. He's so thoughtful, creative, and sweet. While it was still a looooong eleven days, every morning Sydney and I would wake up, excited to find a new text with a clue.


CLUE #1: I'M IN A BOOK, I'M IN A BOX, I'M ON A CUBE, UNDER A CLOCK.
We have a couple decorative book/boxes on our shelf. Sydney was very excited to try Orange Sticks for the first time. 

CLUE #2: IT'S FREEZING IN HERE, AND LITTLE ORPHAN ORANGE IS STARING AT ME.
 Apparently I'm not an Otter Pop pro, because I was super confused what this meant. When I finally dug through the freezer and found it in the Otter Pop box, I realized Orphan Orange is one of the flavors. :) Tommy is such a kid...he's actually talked about the flavors/characters before and knows them by name.

CLUE #3: I SIT BEHIND GLASS AND ONLY LOOK BLACK, BUT TAKE ME DOWN AND YOU'LL SEE IT ISN'T BEAUTY THAT I LACK.
I read "black" as "back", and then went hunting for all the mirrors in the house. Then all the windows. I finally looked in our cabinet, but it wasn't until later that I realized what it all meant. The black dishes have beautiful bright red and turquoise colors inside.  

CLUE #4: MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM USED FOR, BUT THEY QUICKLY REALIZE ONCE THEY SET ME ON THE FLOOR.
Sydney decided to join in and snap some pictures with mommy. It's true...these stools get a lot of confused comments.

CLUE #5: I STAND HERE IN LONDON SO VERY VERY TALL, BUT YOUR HUSBAND KEEPS STARING AND IS SO VERY VERY SMALL.
I got this text while Tommy was in London. I should've caught that the photo was hanging quite crooked on the wall. 

CLUE #6: I MIGHT BE JOLLY, BUT I'M NOT A FOOL. I'M REALLY COLD LAYING NEXT TO THESE TOOLS. 
Malinda and her boys came to keep us company for a few days during Tommy's absence. Mason was very helpful with hunting for the clues. After finding the present in the toolbox in the garage, Sydney and Mason always checked that same spot each day after that.

CLUE #7: THE PICTURE WITH THE BALLOONS IS EVER SO GRAND, BUT IMAGINE REPLACING IT WITH ONE FROM IRELAND. 
Yes, I'm so jealous writing this...he was in Ireland when he sent the text. I'm dying to go there. But at least we got Milk Duds. 

CLUE #8: BUBBLES AND CANDLES HAVE A LOT OF CHARM, BUT I'M THE ONE THAT MAKES THE WATER WARM.
Apparently that skinny black thing in the garage is NOT the water heater. After checking every inch of it, I realized I was staring at the Central Vac. These whole 2 years of living in this house, I've been blaming that little thing for not being able to fill up our bathtub with hot water before running out and turning cold. I guess we do have a normal-size water heater after all. :)

CLUE #9: I SIT HERE COLD AND IN THE DARK, NEXT TO DRIVING GLOVES AND THIS THING THAT'S LABELED "PARK".
 Who knew an Altima had so many hidden compartments? It took us a good 5 minutes to realize the middle compartment had a hidden pocket underneath.

CLUE #10: I WAS ONCE A HIDING PLACE FOR BULLS-EYE. PLEASE BE CAREFUL ON THE STOOL AS YOU REACH UP HIGH.
The cupboard above the fridge was where Sydney's Christmas presents were hidden. P.S. Mommy was very excited to find Zingers this day. They're one of my major weaknesses.

CLUE #11: AMONG THE LEAVES IT'S DARK DOWN HERE. HURRY AND EAT ME 'CAUSE DADDY'S NEAR.
We got the text when Tommy landed. We were almost as excited about these chocolates as we were to know that Daddy was almost home! 

So after almost two weeks of sugar highs, we're so happy to finally have Tommy back....even if my jeans are fitting a little tighter today. :)

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Subscribe