Max is ONE!

11:47 PM

Sydney and I tiptoed into Max's room this morning to wish him Happy Birthday, and we were greeted by this big grin. It's actually the exact face we get to see every morning. I love this happy fellow!


We had a relaxing day together. We played, we ran errands, and Max took lots of naps (hey, it's hard work turning one).

I had to capture these chubby toes during breakfast that I kiss all day, every day. Please let me kiss these toes forever, Max! (ahem...meaning, please don't grow up...I promise I won't be kissing your 18-yr-old feet). ;)

We headed to the grocery store to pick out his favorite cereal. Which turned into Sydney picking out the a sugary "cookie" cereal she insisted was Max's favorite.

We stopped by the bakery section to design a mini cake for Max's "1-yr-cake-smashing" photo shoot (photos coming soon!). The kids were spoiled with tons of cookies while we waited, and Max showed off his speedy mouth-stuffing skills to the ladies behind the counter. 

We later met up with Tommy during his lunch break at good old McDonald's play place. 

The kids were excited about their kids meal (except what happened to the cute kids meal box they used to come in??). Max now takes all toys and holds it to his head. Not sure what that means, but I think it started when he played with my phone and tried to mimic me. :)

A day of lots of firsts...and lots of junk food.

He stayed by this rotating circle 90% of the time


Sydney kept thinking it was her birthday, she was having so much fun all day.


his first very own ice cream cone that he finished in about 60 seconds


After the cake-eating that night, he opened up his present that Sydney and I picked out 

A little walker/trike combo. Sydney was so excited to have someone join her in riding her trike around the house in circles (something she does all day).

After baths and PJ's, we ended the night with the birthday book

except with 2 very wiggly toddlers, we might've skipped a few pages... :)

Happy Birthday to my sweet sweet little ONE year old!! Lots of photos coming this week. Instead of feeling pressured to get all the 1-yr-old photos in one day, I decided we'd consider this his birthday week. So keep an eye out. I've got my props and accessories piled up and ready to go. Poor guy..... ;)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe