First Day of Preschool

3:05 PM

I woke up this morning with butterflies in my stomach. Kind of nervous and excited all at the same time. My first kiddo is going to preschool for the first time! 

this is her staring off into nowhere-land (kind of looking past the camera in a daze). She likes to do that whenever I ask her to pose.

and then ALWAYS comes the silly faces


She was so excited this morning, and ran right into her classroom (it's in a cute lady's basement a couple streets over). But when I waved goodbye (big mistake), her lips began to quiver and tears welled up in her eyes. That's when I bolted (mostly because I didn't want the teacher seeing ME cry!). I didn't think I'd get emotional (I mean, it's only preschool for 2 hrs twice a week, right?) but it suddenly hit me that this is the beginning of my baby becoming a kid.

When I picked her up, all the kids walked out together on this rope to greet the parents. She was all smiles again, and the teacher said she cheered right up and had fun.

her sweet teacher

I've ALWAYS wanted to eat milk and cookies with my kids when they get home from school as we talk about what they learned, who they played with, and all the details in between. Her main report of news was that she got to eat goldfish snacks. :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe