Sydney is a First-Grader

2:03 PM

We are late in the game with moving to California, so today was Sydney's first day of school! First grade, all day. I cried after dropping her off. She is my best buddy, and is growing up in a blink. I can't believe how confident, happy, and resilient she is. Nothing seems to get in her way. She hasn't showed any signs of sadness for moving out of state, and doesn't seem phased one bit by starting a brand new school several weeks into the school year. I love this little big girl of mine.


Haley ran out to us when we were getting in the car this morning, and Sydney ran to her with open arms saying "She wanted to say goodbye to me!"


We walked Sydney up to school and met with the teacher before school began. It's the cutest outdoor school with shady trees, several playgrounds and even a little childrens' garden.





Her teacher, Mrs. Grupp. We know we'll love her.



Sydney already has a good buddy in her class - Jennifer, who's family we're really close with. I think this will be a great school year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe