Ollie's First Visitors

7:47 PM

Oliver came late at night and it took a lot of self-control to not get someone to wake the kids up and drive them over to the hospital to meet their little brother right away. So they skipped school the next morning and came to the hospital to meet Oliver. This is my very favorite part about having babies. Their reaction was so sweet. So curious, eyes big with wonder. Poking at his tiny ears, fingers, nose. Unwrapping him to see his tiny diaper and funny-looking belly-button.

Oliver's due date was the 22nd, and Max's birthday is the 24th. The only thing I cared about was that Ollie NOT come on Max's birthday. And I'm so glad he arrived the 23rd. They can be birthday buddies, but not birthday twins. :) I want Max to have his special day. So Max spent his birthday morning meeting his new brother, and I told him it was his very own special birthday present. :)

At one point during their visit, the on-call pediatrician came in to do a check-up on the baby, and Ollie began to cry and scream. Max's bottom lip started to tremble, then he ran over to me and buried his face in my arms and cried until the baby settled down. He has a tender heart, this boy.


I love Sydney's expression here, excitedly telling me something while gently caressing her new baby. And Noah's constant curiosity about everything in the hospital. The kids were the most curious about my tummy. It was such a shock to see the baby OUT of me. They kept pushing on my tummy and commenting on its squishiness. Max asked worriedly, "Is yow tummy wooind (ruined)?" ;)



meeting his Nana and auntie Kathleen

Kathleen was at the birth of Noah and it was so wonderful to have her at Oliver's too. I don't think I'm as private about this sort of thing as most - I would love to have all of my close friends and family there to celebrate the arrival of each new baby!

my heart melts seeing these two together


I love the hospital stay. Feeling pampered and special, and just staring at this new bundle in my arms every minute of the day.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe