dishes

7:45 AM

We finally have a dishwasher we can use after washing by hand for most of our 4 1/2 years of marriage. Yet there's been a rather large pile of dishes overflowing our sink (and counters) for the past week. I have no excuse.

I'm reminded of our first year of marriage while living in the Wymount apartments. We had the cutest little neighbor girls who would come and play almost daily. I'm ashamed to say that on several occasions one of the girls would say, "Aria, your kitchen smells!", while pointing to a huge pile of dirty dishes soaking in the sink.

I finally got up the courage to tackle the oozing pile of dishes yesterday, but I couldn't find my #1 tool for the job: my pink rubber gloves. After searching everywhere, I decided to forge ahead on my own. But then when looking for the scrubbing brush and sponges, I found nothing. Just as I was beginning to blame Tommy or Sydney, I opened up this drawer next to the sink, and whala! A whole drawer dedicated to dishwashing supplies. I love this new kitchen, but I'm still getting lost in it.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe