they're always watching

7:08 AM

A couple days ago while I was in the shower, Sydney crawled around the bathroom floor, pulling out drawers and getting into the cupboards (her usual form of entertainment). I'd glance over now and then, making sure she wasn't getting into any trouble. Then I saw her open my make-up case, where she proceeded to apply foundation and powder on her eyes, lips, and cheeks. While I was hurrying to finish my shower, she wabbled over to the glass doors, and excitedly showed me her new skills of putting make-up on just like Mommy. She blinked and squinted up at me with make-up in her eyes, yet she had the biggest grin. It surprised me that she knew how and where to put the make-up on (well, close enough). And it suddenly hit me how odd women are for painting their faces every day, when it's obviously not at all comfortable. We have some strange traditions, and I guess I'm passing them on to my daughter.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe