Happy St. Nicholas Day!

9:59 AM

We've been carrying on the Dec. 6th tradition in our family. But this year I didn't know what to do, since "Mrs. Clause" didn't get a chance to run out to the store last night. But this morning as we all went downstairs, sleepy and groggy, there on the steps were our shoes filled with goodies! St. Nicholas came through for us after all!

St.-Nicholas-Day-09_0022-BLOG
I must have been a good girl this year, because he filled my boot up to the brim!

St.-Nicholas-Day-09_0023-BLOG
Sydney can now open up doors by herself. This was helpful for her this morning, since I was taking too long with my camera, and she was eager to get her goodies.

St.-Nicholas-Day-09_0034-BLOG
she caught on very fast

St.-Nicholas-Day-09_0043-BLOG
Unfortunately, Sydney's not as fast as her big sister, Haley, who decided Sydney's toys looked more fun than her own. She snatched up her little doll and ran off at full speed.

St.-Nicholas-Day-09_0050-BLOG

St.-Nicholas-Day-09_0061-BLOG
A sneaky elf left some cinnamon rolls and a crown on our doorstep late last night. (I would've taken a picture of the delicious treat, but we were too excited to dig in this morning). This is another St. Nicholas tradition. The person who finds the little king (in this case, the penny) in their roll gets to be king for the day and wears the crown all day long.

St.-Nicholas-Day-09_0066-BLOG
I was the lucky king this year! But too bad I woke up sick this morning, so the only people that will see me in my crown are Sydney, Tommy, and the dog. It's a shame Tommy didn't get it since he's ushering for Stake Conference this morning. :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe