The Glamorous Life

6:29 PM

Today was one of those days where you think,

"wait a minute...this isn't what I signed up for."

A few days ago Sydney came up to me with something dirty on her finger,
and out of laziness & exhaustion, I wiped it on my pants.
And ever since, I have her little finger running at me all day,
wiping boogers, earwax and dog food on my clothes.

Tonight as I was finishing feeding Sydney some yogurt before bed,
she dripped a big glob on her fist....
and then instantly smeared it all over my pants (adding to the colorful mix on my clothes).

It was almost the last straw of the long day to leave me in tears.

But then, as I tucked her into bed
and finished singing the, "Mama's Gonna Buy You a Mockingbird" song,
she looked up at me with a big smile,
and said, "AGAIN?"

And then I remembered why the food/boogers/dog food-covered clothes

is all worth it.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe