CHRISTMAS!!!

5:08 AM

Christmas went a little different this year, but still very special. Every Christmas I'm hit with either a bad cold/flu or morning sickness....luckily this year wasn't the latter. :) But my annoying sickness required us to stay home instead of spending it with all the family that's in town. Despite being a little out of it, it was still sweet to spend it in the quiet of our home with my little clan.


we started with the stockings first (after Sydney examined the empty plate of goodies and glass of milk). I miraculously finished Max's stocking in time, but Tommy's is still half-finished. Maybe next year...
 Max was excited to open his stocking...until he found a bag of coal. I guess Santa knew about all the nights he's kept me awake.

My parents and sister, Valerie, stayed the night and hung out until we opened all our stockings before heading to my brother's house for all the festivities

Valerie opening her stocking...and Max showing some holiday spirit

In front of the tree were Santa's unwrapped gifts. 
 can you guess that Sydney loves Toy Story?

 Tommy was excited about his new watches. So was Sydney.

 her doctor kit has been a big hit, especially as she's been taking care of mommy

 here's a quick photo to show that I really was there (although in a hazy state)

And here's my favorite present from Tommy. I've outgrown my small sewing box, so he found a toolbox at Home Depot, painted the accents pink, added decals from Roberts and organized all of my supplies.


**Oh, and you know how people say some kids get over-stimulated? Yeah, that was Sydney. Actually, it happened just after opening up her stocking. After that, it was this crazy Sydney I hadn't met, who'd run and grab one thing, then drop it and run to the next. A little frustrating at times when I knew it was something she'd love...I'd say "but Sydney, LOOK! You LOVE these!" but she'd just clutch to one of Max's baby rattles and say "this is MINE!" Still pretty entertaining. :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe