a weekend break

10:00 PM

We got to take a last-minute visit to beautiful Solitude this weekend. There’s something about mountain air and a couple of lazy days full of play that gives you such a refreshing perk.


(right: this is Max’s new silly face he pulls constantly…scrunching up his nose, and then laughing) 


this yummy pizzeria near where we stayed had grass on the roof! Now I want a little cottage in the woods with a grassy roof. 


the second day we hiked around Silver Lake, one of our favorite spots 

My sister, Kathleen, joined us for the day. Not only do we love her company, but I love the fact that I can hand her my camera to get some shots of us, too. :) 



My big standing 1-year-old! He’s taken THREE steps so far. Pretty soon I won’t be able to plop him in a spot and snap away while he stays put. I’ll miss these days…

but Sydney has been trained at an early age and has developed a remarkable patience for her camera-crazy mama. 



Beautiful Kathleen. I keep trying to convince her to be my sidekick on photoshoots. She’s such an artistic little lady. 


I was telling Sydney the story about the three bears this morning, so the entire hike she kept calling out to me, “Mama Bear! Come on!” 


P.S. I am in love with my JoTotes camera bag! It’s my camera bag/diaper bag/purse combo. :)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe