the smell of summer

8:21 PM

We lit the first firepit of the season this week. Sydney and I have been dying to pull out the firewood and s'mores. I'm so lucky to have a buddy that gets just as giddy as me over these kinds of things. And we're lucky for Daddy who can whip together a fire in minutes. 

Tommy gave us all the rundown on how to build a fire (sorry, Girls Camp leaders, I forgot all of my training). But I was too excited to pay attention as I snapped a hundred photos.

the pinewood smelled SO good! 

while we roasted our marshmallows, Max preferred sneaking them straight out of the bag

first s'more of the night

Max wasn't so sure about this sticky mess. This same s'more stuck in his hand for over an hour


We all went to bed smelling like pinewood and burnt marshmallows. Mmmm...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe