A Long Day

2:11 PM

Sydney had to endure a long day today, missing naps and having to sit through a stake conference and another ward's sacrament meeting (although she enjoyed the latter meeting much more since Mason was there). Once we got to the car after the last meeting, I stripped Sydney down to her diaper to prep for the long, hot drive back home. Then I handed her a fruit leather to suck on for safe measure. This is what I found when we got home:


(it's hard to see from this tiny photo, but she's caked in stickiness and leftover fruit leather)

Just a note: we had an interesting stake conference today. I think it was a multi-stake conference because it was being broadcast from another building. For some reason, the sound and picture were the worst I've ever seen. It was like watching an old 1930's film (see photo below), but with low volume and lots of noisy families around (including ourselves). We were straining our ears, but could only understand a few words here and there. Lots of people got up and walked out, and we were thinking about taking off, too. But then I thought about how our ward and stake leaders really emphasized that we be there. So I said a little prayer that the sound might improve so we could hear what we're meant to hear. Neither the video nor audio ever changed, but my ears eventually got used to it, and I ended up feeling the spirit and being moved by some wonderful talks. We're really blessed with great leaders in this church, as well as the blessing of prayer!

(Can you tell what that is? Neither can I. That's why I picked the photo)

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe