Kids...when do you have more?!

1:28 PM


"The best gift you can give your child is a sibling." 


No, I'm not pregnant. But I saw that on this post about how many kids to have. I always over-think things, and I'm wondering/worrying how a person knows when child #2 is supposed to come. Just like it took a year to finally commit to marriage, and a few years to decide on a baby, I'm kind of waiting for that magic moment when you just "know" (whatever that means).

(James and Mason giving Sydney some sports tips)

I absolutely LOVED growing up as the middle of 7 kids, all spaced 2 years apart. I always had a friend around, and I still consider my siblings as my best friends in the world. So I just assumed I'd have a litter of kids of my own, all close in age. But while motherhood has been the best thing that's happened to me since marrying my sweetheart, I'm not shy to admit that it's been one of the hardest things (aside from marrying my sweetheart....). 

(Matt & Joy's adorable kiddos at our house a couple nights ago)

But it's one of my favorite things to see Sydney with children. She becomes so happy and well-behaved. She just adores her cousins, and I think she has a little crush on her beloved Mason (everyone can see her all stary-eyed and ga-ga). 

I'd love to hear any thoughts on the subject. And in the meantime, bring your kids over for play dates. It always brightens up our day.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

Subscribe