sleepless sleepy chatter

11:52 PM

It's 1 a.m. and I should be in bed. I should be resting and recuperating from this cold, but it's the reason I can't sleep. Sydney gave it to me (it feels better to have someone to blame it on). Yet she's dreaming away as I sit here coughing and blowing my nose every 10 seconds. There's something impossibly hard about trying to sleep when you can't breath out of your nose. After tossing and turning in bed, I tiptoed into the bathroom and found a box of Breath Right strips. I tore one open and was about to put it on, when I realized someone had refilled the box with band-aids. Not that those strips really do much help, anyways. 


But I'm not alone in my insomnia. I see the glow of a TV in the house behind us. And my dog's awake to keep me company. She has a good excuse, since she has to sleep with one of those huge cones on her head (feet and licking problems...I'd post about it, but just the thought of it exhausts and frustrates me). 

But I'm determined to be better by Monday to fully enjoy the holiday. I want to have a BBQ in our yard finally. We always talk about having people over, planning out fun ways to host and entertain, but we never do it. So anybody up for steaks, chicken, and grilled pineapple at our place Monday, stop on by.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe