We finally buckled

1:31 PM

And bought a highchair. Yes, after 10 1/2 months, we decided we can't survive without one. I promised myself long ago that I wouldn't need all the whistles and bells that accompany a new baby's arrival, and transform an entire home into a nursery. But after spending a few days at Tommy's parents, and enjoying the luxury of a real highchair, I realized what I am missing out on. Who knew you could plop them in their chair, sprinkle some food on the tray, and enjoy 20 minutes of hands-free time! I've been shamelessly abusing our bumbo seat, sitting her inside on top of the counter while I hover over her, careful not to leave even 2 feet a distance between us. 



So as soon as we got back from our trip, the hunt began. I'm sort of a selfish creature who prefers nice wooden things (yes, even kid things) over plastic. I hope Sydney shares that preference, as I lean towards natural, old-fashioned toys and things made from wood, cloth, whicker, etc., that you can't find through Fisher-Price. So it took a while to find a wooden highchair, especially since I'm not forking out for a new one, like we did for our snazzy Aussie-style stroller that we don't use enough! But finally the day came when we found the perfect chair on KSL classifieds. Sydney is already enjoying her little throne, and I am soaking up every minute of free time I get while she munches away.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe