Where Did My Baby Go?

10:55 AM


I have suddenly realized that Sydney is no longer a baby. Over the past few days she has been showing signs of actually
listening to what I'm saying, and copying what I do! Here are some new accomplishments this week that have been blowing me away:

  • she grabs my cell phone and puts it to her ear with a big smile
  • she folds her arms when we say to before prayers
  • she'll kiss someone/something when we say "kiss" or "muah"
  • if we say "where's Daddy?" or "where's the doggy?" or other familiar words, she'll look in their direction
  • she signs the word "food" when she's hungry or sees food 
  • she can climb our entire staircase! we're debating over buying a gate or teaching her from the start to climb up and down safely
...she also got her first teeth (bottom two came in at the same time last week). I know that's not exactly a developmental skill, but it sure makes her look a lot older and mature. So this has been a week of "proud mama" feelings. I can't help being amazed at the stuff this kid surprises me with every day.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Subscribe