Wooden Shoes, Butter Rings, and Candy Barrels

7:25 AM

There is the cutest, quaint little town a little over an hour north from here called Solvang. It's a small Danish settlement from the late 1800's that's turned into a tourist town with tiny shops and restaurants. I have fond memories of coming here for day trips with my family. So yesterday Mom, Valerie, Sydney, and I enjoyed strolling the streets, browsing the shops, and tasting the yummy treats. I dragged them into every little children's toy store in the town, ooh-ing and ahh-ing over adorable dirndls and wooden trinkets.


If you ever go to Solvang, you have to get some amazing Butter Rings. They're filled with almond slices, marzipan, and custard. There's nothing yummier on this planet.


I loved this candy shop as a kid. It's one of my clearest memories of Solvang. That's what sugar will do to you.
*side note: I was taking tons of pictures (as usual), and I overheard the man at the register say to my mom, "she must've got a new camera". No, it's just me taking a million photos everywhere I go, as always.

I couldn't tell if Syd was more excited about the toy stores or this candy shop. Her arms were constantly flailing and reaching for everything in sight.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe