My Baby Girl is a Year Old

10:56 PM

A year ago at this time, I was cradling a newborn in my arms. I had spent 8 hours laboring with my sweet hubby by my side, and my angelic mom rubbing my back all night. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to endure, yet I have such sweet memories of that incredible night. Sydney arrived with a long cone head after all the pushing, but I still thought she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She snuggled in my arms peacefully for those first couple weeks while my mom (and later mother-in-law) doted on us. 


And now I have a little chubby-cheeked buddy by my side, so smiley and full of life. She's one of the best things that's ever happened to me. Happy birthday, baby girl!


She started off her day in a birthday outfit from her Grandma. Then she tagged along with me, Malinda, and Mason as we browsed some cute botiques (yeah, that was probably more for me than for Sydney)



We've had lots of family in town this week, so Sydney had lots of friends to celebrate with. We all spent the afternoon at this fun water park -Sydney's first swimming pool experience. It took her a little while to get used to it and all the splashing kids around, but she ended up loving it. 


Evidence of hours spent playing in the pool


we were able to grab a 4 generation photo before the birthday BBQ began


Sydney shares her birthday with my sister-in-law, Sarah, and my Aunt Jane, so we all gathered for a joint birthday bbq that night


yummy cherry cheescake

Sydney got spoiled with some fun toys. Then she got to stay up until 11pm playing with her cousins. A very great birthday!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Subscribe