my little sis left today

11:27 PM

I never thought this day would come. One of my bestest friends and dear little sister, Kathleen, left to the MTC for her mission today. I couldn't be more proud, but I'm also selfishly so sad that I won't be able to see her for a year-and-a-half! Here is a little montage from today's goodbyes:

beautiful Kathleen...she was a little bummed about having to wear "missionary" attire 24/7 for 18 months, but I think she still looks adorable, as always. She just glows from the inside out.


she'd hate me if she knew I was posting this.... :) Poor girl has to get used to wearing panty hose all the time! This is probably one of her first times wearing them


one of her last car rides - leaving my house and driving to Provo, where she'll be in the MTC for 8 weeks. Sydney looks sad that her buddy is leaving

we met up with Malinda bright and early and made pancakes and eggs to celebrate

we squeezed in a quick stroll in Provo Canyon

about to leave the house -our last picture together

Sydney will miss her sweet Auntie

the strict MTC rules are just 5 minutes for family to drop off their beloved missionary on the curb. It felt more like 30 seconds. After hauling out the luggage and babies from the car, we barely had time to take a quick snapshot and hugs before they said the time's up....I'm still a little bitter about that :(

very quick goodbyes...not long enough to register fully that she was really leaving

And off she goes. She's behind that post, and those are her red bags being carried away by polite and eager missionaries. Good luck, Kathleen!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

Subscribe