Tessa's Journey

9:12 PM

"Life is eternal;
and love is immortal;
and death is only a horizon;
and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight."

Our little niece, Tessa, passed last wednesday. She was just a week old, but her journey seemed much longer and touched more hearts than you'd think a short week on earth would do. I was blessed to be able to be in the hospital right after she was born, and in the room when she left back home to her Heavenly Father. And I got to visit her in between during that week, each time quietly hiding behind my camera, wiping away tears of joy and tears of sadness. I feel so much love for this precious little one, and my heart aches in missing her. But my heart is also filled with joy in knowing that we now have a new little member of our eternal family waiting for all of us to join her in heaven.

I have just been in awe at the amazing attitude and outlook of Tessa's parents, my brother and sister-in-law, Matt & Joy. They have a light in their eyes that tells of peace and understanding of the eternal plan and our Savior's love. Their attitude has been one of thankfulness for every moment they've been given with Tessa. I am so blessed to be in such a wonderful, strong, and loving family. I have learned so much from them this year.

This experience has reminded me (and all of us) of our dear little niece, Avery, that joined us here on earth for just a short time this past spring. I have loved hearing our nieces and nephews this week talk about Tessa and Avery playing together in heaven now. Their sweet testimonies are examples to us all.

Tessa_0720-BW-sm

Tessa_0170-BW-sm

Tessa_0357-BW-sm

Tessa_0257-close-BW-sm

Tessa_0784-BW-sm

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Subscribe