farewell

9:12 AM



Our hearts go out to Laura and Mike, who had to say goodbye to their little Avery last night at 5:30pm. Her tiny body couldn't survive without the machines, and she couldn't continue to be kept on them, as they were hurting and weakening her body every day. Laura and Mike were able to hold her in their arms for the first time in 5 weeks as she was taken off the machines, and Avery passed away in her mother's arms.

I wish I understood better why things happen the way they do, but I know Heavenly Father has a plan for this precious little girl, as well as her strong parents. I am so grateful for eternal families, and that Laura will be able to reunite with her baby again someday. Avery touched all of our hearts during her short mortal life, and I'm comforted to know she is surrounded by love and peace as she's wrapped in the Savior's arms.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Subscribe