Snowflake, AZ

11:48 PM

We were so excited to finally get to visit my Grandma Locust in Snowflake, AZ for the firs time in such a long time. This is a very special place to me. Our family spent a lot of summers and Thanksgivings exploring the cute little town and playing on my Grandma's 40 acre ranch. I'm posting about a gazillian images from the trip because I don't want to forget a single detail. 

My grandma's cute pink house in town, the house she lived in when she was a little girl. I always wanted a pink house when I was a kid.

My sweet grandma. She now has to stay in bed in her home in town.

I love all the details, and how everything has stayed the same, as long as I can remember.

The kitchen, where I remember always gathering around for yummy stew when we'd arrive at night after our long trip.

left: the photo of my grandma when she was a little girl

the countertops that come below my belly button (and I'm short)

My dad took us on a tour of the town to see all of the historical landmarks

we love having these new brothers-in-law join our Flake heritage!

Kathleen found the old bike we used to always ride on (but now it finally fits her!)

Dad pointing out Erastus Snow and William Jordan Flake (our ancestor), who founded the town in 1878.

The Curly R ranch, 10 miles out of town, where we have so many memories.




the bunk house

Max didn't want to get off the 4-wheelers. And he loved his cousin time with Ian.

Lots of campfires every day. It was chilly! And Tommy grew out a fancy handlebar mustache for the trip.



Sydney and Meili spoiled Haley with lots of accessories

my little cowboy

the kids hunted for treasure all week


darts in the bunkhouse


these are true Snowflake men. They took on the role very seriously.



I think I took more photos of Marshall than anyone else because, well, just look at that beard. And the clothing get-ups were our favorite daily surprises. 

the paintball dual.





Thanksgiving feast!




songs around the campfire




we can't wait to go back!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe