She's Crawling

9:27 AM

Sydney decided to make the big switch today from scooting to full-out crawling. It was very sudden, and quite impressive. She's already so quick and smooth. I think she was tired of getting her tummy brown and dusty from my dirty floors. 


She has also found a recent interest in climbing up on things, particularly the stairs. Luckily, she can only hold onto the first step, but just that alone results in lots of tumbles, bumps, and cries. I'm trying to decide on a good balance of letting her explore and learn on her own, while protecting her from serious injuries. I think up until now I've made the mistake of gasping and running to her side the second she hurts herself. But I've been trying to remind myself of what Malinda would do (and those who know my sister and her always-happy, well-behaved Mason, would understand). I am always inspired by her and James' fun and relaxed parenting, where they let Mason discover and explore this exciting world with little interruption (or more accurately, with encouragement). So today when Sydney bumped her head while trying to pull up on something, I just smiled and waved when she looked back at me to see my reaction (as she does right before breaking out into a cry). And to my surprise, she just turned back and started pulling herself up again. Pretty soon she's going to be a tough, mean, speedy-crawling machine.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

Subscribe